Web Site Privacy & Security Policy
- INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED: On-Identifiable Information - As is typical with many Web sites, the Web Site automatically collects certain non-identifiable information regarding Web Site users, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet Service Provider, the date and time you access the Web Site, the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to the Web Site, the operating system you are using, the sections of the Web Site you visit, the Web Site pages read and images viewed, and any content you download. We use this non-identifiable information for Web Site and system administration purposes and to improve the Web Site. We may disclose the non-identifiable information to others and permanently archive it for future use.
Cookies - The Web Site uses "cookies", a technology that installs information on a Web Site user's computer to permit the Web Site to recognize future visits by that computer. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of the Web Site. For example, we use the information provided through cookies to recognize you as a previous user of the Web Site (so you do not have to enter your personal information every time), offer personalized Web page content and information for your use, track your activity at the Web Site to respond to your needs, and otherwise facilitate your Web Site experience. Advertisements displayed on the Web Site may also contain cookies. Those advertisements may be provided by third party advertising companies, and we do not have any control over, or any responsibility or liability for, the cookies used in the advertisements or for the use and disclosure of information collected through advertisement cookies. You may choose to decline "cookies" if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your use of the Web Site and your ability to access certain features of the Web Site.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU SPECIFICALLY PROVIDED: During your use of the Web Site, you may be asked to voluntarily provide certain personal information (such as your name, email address, postal address, and telephone number) for purposes such as facilitating communications with you or applying for access to certain special features of the Web Site. It is always your choice whether or not to provide personal information. If you choose not to provide requested personal information, you may not be able to use certain features of the Web Site.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: We may use your personal information to contact and correspond with you, to respond to your inquiries, and to facilitate and enhance your use of the Web Site. We may develop a confidential personal profile for you, which we use to provide the very best service to you. We may also send to you, from time to time, email or other communications containing information about RodewayInn of Chincoteague, VA, tourist attractions and amenities, and other matters we believe will interest you. At any time, you may ask us to stop sending you email and other information by contacting email@example.com. In addition, each unsolicited email we send will tell you how to decline further email.
- CONSENT TO DISCLOSURE: By using the Web Site, you signify your consent to the disclosure of your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Disclosure to RodewayInn of Chincoteague, VA and Trading Partners - We may provide your personal information to certain of our members and trading partners. Before personal information is disclosed, the recipient organization will agree with RodewayInn of Chincoteague, VA to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. Recipient organizations may use your personal information to provide you with email or other information about their products and services and other matters.
- Disclosure to Service Providers - In order to permit the efficient operation of the Web Site and to process certain transactions, we may disclose your personal information to certain service providers, such as CHOICE HOTELS. The service providers to whom personal information is disclosed have agreed with RodewayInn of Chincoteague, VA to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy.
- Law Enforcement and Legal Disclosure - We may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where we have reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to our legal counsel.
- Disclosure in Business Transfers - We may be involved in the sale or transfer of some or all of our business or operations. As part of that sale or transfer, we may disclose your personal information to the acquiring organization, but will require the acquiring organization to agree to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this policy. If at any time you do not wish us to disclose your personal information as part of the sale or transfer some or all of our business or operations, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LOCATION OF INFORMATION: RodewayInn of Chincoteague, VA will store and process your personal information in Chincoteague Island, Virginia.
- SECURING YOUR INFORMATION: To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, RodewayInn of Chincoteague, VA employs security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Nevertheless, security and privacy risks cannot be eliminated and we cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this policy.
- ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: You may request access to your personal information and information about our collection, use and disclosure of that information by contacting us at email@example.com. Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information within a reasonable time, and will be entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and to have it amended as appropriate. RodewayInn of Chincoteague, VA attempts to keep its records as accurate and complete as possible. You can help us maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any changes to your personal information.
- OTHER WEB SITES: The Web Site may contain links to other Web sites or Internet resources, including Web sites operated by CHOICE HOTELS and trading partners. When you click on one of those links you are contacting another Web site. RodewayInn of Chincoteague, VA has no responsibility or liability for or control over those other Web sites or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
- FORMER USERS: If you stop using the Web Site or your permission to use the Web Site is terminated by us, we may continue to use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this policy as amended from time to time.